Tuesday, September 29, 2009

25 Random Things about Me

Admittedly, I am stealing this idea shamelessly from Facebook, but I thought it would be fun. [For those who have read my previous list, this one is actually newly created]

1. I collect ducks (as in, “Rubber Ducky, you’re the one” ducks). My two favorite ones sit on the dashboard of my car.
2. Use of the snooze button on my alarm means I get an extra nine minutes of sleep. And yes, I have this knowledge because I use that button regularly.
3. I competed on the Speech Team my freshman year of college. Judge me all you want, but I made some great friends and it helped me have the confidence to come out of my shell a bit more.
4. I can remember how almost all my co-workers going back as far as college and most of my friends take their coffee, but I am hard pressed to remember anyone’s birthday. The hard part? No one cares if I can order coffee for them if I can’t remember their birthday.
5. I can walk to work.
6. I own a Blackberry, and so far, it has not taken over my life.
7. My first car was a pick-up truck named Chuck the truck.
8. One of my favorite comfort foods is meatloaf… and I have yet to find a restaurant in the area that I currently live that makes a decent one.
9. Somewhere along the way, I became a Mets fan. I have no idea how it happened, but one morning I found myself checking their stats online and I realized I was hooked.
10. I have a ridiculously acute sense of smell.
11. One day I would love to open a bakery/café.
12. I constantly flip through channels when I watch tv, so when I can’t find the remote my tv stays off. Maybe I should just give the remote away…
13. I have been known to jump up and down like a little kid when I am excited about something.
14. Breakfast is without a doubt my favorite meal of the day.
15. I nearly purchased tickets to the Bahamas yesterday. It still may be a destination in the very near future.
16. My favorite coffee blend of all time is the Smooth and Mellow Blend from Trader Joe’s. My roommates and I received a can of it as a housewarming gift (for my first apartment), and it has been a favorite ever since.
17. I don’t understand the idea of mittens. Why do I want to lose the ability to use four of my fingers? Besides, you can make better snowballs using gloves.
19. Fall always makes me want to consume pumpkins flavored things- like pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin lattes.
20. My favorite biblical character is Peter, primarily because I feel like I can relate to some of his mistakes.
21. I tend to listen to classical and jazz at work because I have the habit of unconsciously singing along and I don’t want to annoy my co-workers.
22. My favorite class in college was Creative Writing, which I took for fun.
23. For about two months I was an English major in college. This ended when I took a rather nightmarish literature course on Joyce and Yeats and I found it in my best interest to pursue psychology.
24. When I was a kid I was ridiculously afraid of squirrels. I have yet to figure out why.
I have seven siblings, 6 sisters and 1 brother, when counting halves and steps, however, I grew up with only a brother and a sister.
25. I rarely eat red meat (although I love it, and I don’t judge anyone who does).

1 comment:

  1. Nice list Rachael. I love rubber ducks too ---I thought I was the only one. I am not a big fan of breakfast however I love your one-pan-frenchtoast --- you made it for me once and I still think about it some time. :)

    ReplyDelete